Thursday, August 5, 2010

A little update

Yes, it's certainly been a while again - the summer has been particularly busy with the kids. My husband is working on a new full time contract, so I'm now home full time with the kidlets - trying to keep them busy, and entertained. Love them dearly, but I cannot wait for school to start this fall.
I am very excited about one little thing though - And considering it's about the only productive thing I've managed all summer - even more exciting. For over 10 years, while owning a bead store - I had always wanted to write either tutorials, or beading projects for magazines. Well I did it. Last night, with one hour to go to deadline - I finished it! This week only, you can get  the tutorial free with purchase at beadfx. As of next week, the tutorial will be available for purchase for $15.00.
I started with this one, as I make these little tile pendants to sell only in the store at beadfx - many, many people have requested a class in how to make them - However, I didn't think a class was all that appropriate - they're easy, but fiddly, and there is a whole lot of 5 minutes of activity - followed by 30 minutes of waiting.  I think the difference with my version of the pendants, compared to others - is that they are completely waterproof! Not just water resistant - but waterproof  - as long as you follow the instructions carefully. :-)
If any of you do get a chance to check out the free tutorial this week, I'd love to hear any feedback you may have. Positive, or negative!  
The whole process of creating the tutorial was quite a bit of fun, and I've learned quite a bit along the way - for example, take the pics first!  I'm already planning my next tutorial :-)
Bigresinpic

No comments: