Monday, July 5, 2010

Kids Home ...

And so the summer begins. This is the first full week of both of my kids home for the summer. Dan and I had a war meeting last night to discuss just how we were going to manage to both attempt to work from home, while keeping a 5 and 7 year old busy and out of trouble. Unfortunately, we haven't yet come up with anything that is really all that workable. We've discussed taking turns on kid duty, or letting them fend for themselves in the backyard for a couple hours while we both work - and then doing family time in the afternoon.
As I type this, I've been interrupted 5 times, with discussions about the silliness of not allowing anyone else in your club house, where fairies live, sharks teeth - which type of shark would be the most dangerous, why haven't you taught me how to cook yet? - and why can't I have oreo's for breakfast? 
If I manage even one more post this summer, I'll be completely amazed :-)

No comments: