Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year, New Inspiration




I`ll admit, the last year was a complete washout for me. I was far too distracted to get much done in the studio. I haven`t admitted this to many, but I`ve been battling a severe depression for a few years now. In the last year, I finally got on meds to help. It has taken quite a while to kick in, but the fog has finally lifted, and I`m starting the new year energized, excited about the possibilities I see in front of me - and I`m finally on a diet I know I can stick to.  I bit the bullet and joined Weight Watchers last week.  I`ve also managed to score some fitness games for the Kinect that my kids got for Christmas. I look completely ridiculous dancing around my living room - but it`s so much fun!

Before the holidays, I managed to get in some time in the studio - but I never really finished anything. I now have a huge pile of beads to clean and sort through, metal clay pieces to finish, fire, and polish. I`m off to see what I can manage to pull together. I`m looking forward very much to a year of creativity, and hopefully getting my etsy shop stocked up again.

Cheers,

Jen

2 comments:

Alice said...

Jen,

I'm glad you took the iniative to improve your health, both mentally and physically. Wishing you success in this new year!!!

jen said...

Thank you Alice! I hope you have a fabulous new year as well.

Jen