Friday, May 31, 2013

gardens, frolicking, and drawings


Dandelions are everywhere.....They're especially magical at sunset.







The garden is a little slow to bloom - geraniums, bleeding hearts, clematis, and a few blue bells are just starting to peek out. 



As promised, here are my very first drawings from the draw happy course. I am still stoked with these online classes - the intended effect was to spark up my creative mojo, and I'm happy to see it seems to be working. I'm constantly working on 'something'. Yay :-)




3 comments:

alchemiz said...

I love the way the words and drawings are interrelated. Is that part of the class philosophy?
Mona

jen said...

Yes and no - the idea is to just start drawing, and for this class to start an art journal. I've been meaning to make one of these forever.... In this case, I drew the images first. The sayings just seemed to fit.

Aisha from Expatlog said...

Proud of you and envious at the same time. I SO need to pull my finger out and 'just do it'. That said I got back on a horse today for the first time in a decade so I've been pushing my own boundaries and widening my scope for happiness too :-)
I love the pictures and can't wait to see more - keep this up and I'll have you to thank for helping me over my fears...